Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Laras Levelbase Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Samstag, 8. Dezember 2007, 13:40

Well, there is English, French, Spanish and, of course, German.
Additionally, I could choose Russian, Italian and Latin. But actually I've already enough. ;)
You know, sometimes it's already quite a big problem not to mix up French and Spanish by mistake.
E.g.: - venir (Sp) = venir (Fr) (kommen) - But the word is conjugated absolutely differently.
- vivir (Sp) = vivre (Fr) (leben) - Here the infinitive alone is already completely confusing.

Jean

Erleuchteter

• »Jean« ist männlich

Baue: Legacy of the Sun

Spiele: fängt mit T an und hört mit R auf.es sind 2 Wörter.

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 8. Dezember 2007, 13:42

what is this "E.g."? [8)]
"Es gibt so viele Wahrheiten, wie es Menschen gibt" - Ryõji Kaji

Samstag, 8. Dezember 2007, 13:44

e.g. = "for example" ("zum Beispiel" = z.B.)

soulofimmortal

unregistriert

Samstag, 8. Dezember 2007, 13:45

Well, there is English, French, Spanish and, of course, German.
Additionally, I could choose Russian, Italian and Latin. But actually I've already enough. ;)
You know, sometimes it's already quite a big problem not to mix up French and Spanish by mistake.
E.g.: - venir (Sp) = venir (Fr) (kommen) - But the word is conjugated absolutely differently.
- vivir (Sp) = vivre (Fr) (leben) - Here the infinitive alone is already completely confusing.

Yes....I took French Spanish Latin and English. and i mix up everything.
But i think, the easiest one is spanish (of the first free), followed by latin.

Samstag, 8. Dezember 2007, 13:48

@Jean, that means "for example" ;)

@zip, I'm jealous, at our school, there are just English, French and Latin, but Latin is crap, I think... you don't need it and I don't want to study medicin and jura (It is Jura, isn't it? Even Leo doesn't know the correct word).
But my Christmas present will be a Spanish schoolbook, so I will learn Spanish myself. [:D]

Soul, you think Spanish is easier than French? Then I won't have big problems by learning. :)

Michael Otto

Erleuchteter

• »Michael Otto« ist männlich

Baue: Bauberater

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 8. Dezember 2007, 13:52

@zip_1: yes, three other languages - thats enough!
the russian language is difficult - we must learn this language from the 5th to the 10th class at school
@piper: jura? i think thats write in english:
  • to read for the bar... or
  • to study the law... (i think thats the right version)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Michael Otto« (8. Dezember 2007, 13:58)

Samstag, 8. Dezember 2007, 13:54

@soulofimmortal:
I think so as well. French is more difficult than Spanish, which is spoken by so many more people. So I really prefer Spanish. But if you learn all the important details and exceptions it's still a challenge to learn Spanish - especially the imparative. [:D]

[edit]@Piper:
We use the book "Caminos". I can recommend it because the grammar, vocabulary, text and exercise part are all in the same book. [TH] [/edit]

soulofimmortal

unregistriert

Samstag, 8. Dezember 2007, 14:00

Yes...I´m just studying spanish since 1 Year so we have only learned the "preterito perfecto" and I was so happy, that theres just one auxiliary verb (haber)

In French i (should) know all tenses. and the whole grammar...
But even though, sometimes it would be much easier to say something in spanish than in French.

Samstag, 8. Dezember 2007, 14:01

to study the law... (i think so)

Ok, thanks :)

@zip: I get a book from "Langenscheidt", extra (?) for people who want to learn it themselves. ;)

If Spanish really is easier than French I will have no problems because I think French is very easy. [:D]

soulofimmortal

unregistriert

Samstag, 8. Dezember 2007, 14:03

@ piper: Do you mean: El nuevo curso?
It´s a great book!

Samstag, 8. Dezember 2007, 14:05

Zitat

I think French is very easy. [:D]
Yeah. Then Spanish won't be any problem for you. ;) But, as already mentioned, it's difficult not to mix it up with French.

Samstag, 8. Dezember 2007, 14:09

@soul, no it's this
The reviews are well, so I think this book will be well too. ;)

@zip, good to hear, I think I will make that. :)

Samstag, 8. Dezember 2007, 14:12

I don't want to seem to be a know-it-all, but in this case...

Zitat

The reviews are well, so I think this book will be well too.
... the adjective "good" should be used both times.

As you said in your first posting I am just referring to mistakes. ;)

Samstag, 8. Dezember 2007, 14:14

It's ok, I'm never sure, how to use these adjectives. :S

Samstag, 8. Dezember 2007, 14:16

Doesn't matter. It's a pity that there are no adverbs in German because then it would maybe be a bit easier for us to remember (how) to use them in other languages.

[edit]I mean there are adverbs in German, but not the same way as in English or French for example.[/edit]

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »zip_1« (8. Dezember 2007, 14:59)

soulofimmortal

unregistriert

Samstag, 8. Dezember 2007, 14:23

It´s quite easy.....You say The reviews are GOOD. But the book is recommanded WELL.

If the adjective belongs to a verb, which is not a form of "to be" you use the adverb.

[offtopic]In german: Bei "to be" kein -ly[/offtopic]

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »soulofimmortal« (8. Dezember 2007, 14:34)

Samstag, 8. Dezember 2007, 14:29

Ah, Thank you very much, that was a thing I always wanted to know. [liebhab]

Samstag, 8. Dezember 2007, 14:39

Nice thread piper. ;)

Even if my English is quite good I think it can be still improoved. :thumbsup:
Especially the 200 different terms are horrible. I often do not know when I have to use this or that term. Anyone else, who has that problem? [:D]

tombraidergirl

neugieriger Sammler

• »tombraidergirl« ist weiblich

Spiele: Rise of the Tomb Raider

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 8. Dezember 2007, 15:00

Is anyone else using the dictionary that firefox offers?

You can install an English (or any other language) dictionary from the following site:
https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/browse/type:3

When typing, it will point out mistakes. Very helpful in my opinion.

I've also seen some "its - it's" mistakes in this thread. Just remember:
Use it's when the meaning is supposed to be "it is", "it has" or similar. In this case the ' replaces the missing letters.

examples:
it's been a pleasure - it has been a pleasure
it's late - it is late

Use "its" when it is the possessive form of "it".

example:
the cat is licking its paws (=die Katze leckt ihre Pfoten; Verwendung von it's würde den Satz unsinnig machen etwa: die Katze leckt "sie ist" Pfoten)
Skeleton, you are my friend
And I could never bring your life to an end

Samstag, 8. Dezember 2007, 15:02

If you mean "expressions" with "terms" I agree with you. English is said to be the language with the biggest vocabulary. For every word there are at least two or three synonyms.