You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Laras Levelbase Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Jesus C.Croft

Intermediate

• "Jesus C.Croft" is male
  • "Jesus C.Croft" started this thread

Monday, November 18th 2019, 12:15pm

Back To Basics 2020 - Open for registration

Back To Basics 2020 - Tibet - Builder Registration

It’s time again for a new round of Back to Basics :D ! The theme for the competition is Tibet and that will grant both builders and players with a familiar setting and a jawdropping package that will produce outstanding levels that will keep you busy raiding for many hours.

Tibet got its BtB treatment finally. Many people (me included) loved the Tibet section in TR2. There’s something inexplicable about this place that makes it so mystical, spiritual, beautiful, calming and with many stories, legends and traditional folklore that will surely inspire builders to bring excellent games to players.

With BtB Tibet, you’ll be able to create Tibetan environments, but not only that: the Himalayas, Nepal, Shambhala are possible destinations too! What about developing a story inside an impressive monastery with a dark secret inside? Or what about exploring the leftovers of the accident that made Lara the Tomb Raider we know? Just two examples and your creativity is the only limit.

The Back To Basics 2020: Tibet Builder’s Package has been under construction by the BtB2020 Package Team for quite a while and in the background, to ensure tranquility and no pressures. Tibet was an easy theme to choose since with this BtB we wanted a fresh start for the series and the best idea was going to the roots, to the beginning of all.
And, although rewarding, it has not been an easy task: almost a year in a secret production with a small team of dedicated people working non-stop, is a proof of that.

But as usual, each year the team tries really hard to deliver a package even greater than the last one and that is translated into a huge effort. The Space package was a complete challenge but it paid off really well if you ask me. The team has pushed the limits again to deliver stunning assets and marvellous new music songs composed and performed by yours truly, along with a nice selection of classic and more recent TR tunes (Reboot era) in order to bring our fellow raiders all the best. You’ll find even much more inside!

The package is now in the final testing phase and should be ready to be sent to registered builders at the completion of the registration period. Needless to say that this is an amazing theme, one that many fans will hopefully look forward to raiding too and I hope many builders will register to build impressive levels for the competition.

Head over trle.net for more information [TH] !

I’m really happy and excited there’s a new edition of this awesome competition at the end :D . Best wishes and good luck to our registered builders . I wish you a good time building your level :D !

Jesus (Jesus C.Croft) on behalf of the BtB2020 Package Team.
'