You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Laras Levelbase Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, November 19th 2019, 7:18pm

CaC-2019 TR3 Lost in the Amazon (Reggie) - Level

Sieht zwar sehr gut aus, aber bis jetzt hatte ich einige heftige Abstürze.
nad has attached the following image:
  • 1.jpg

Tuesday, November 19th 2019, 7:22pm

Wie schießt man das Ding da oben ab?
Drei habe ich schon und wo das fünfte ist weiß ich auch.
Mit den Pistolen geht das wohl nicht [hmm]
  • 2.jpg

Tuesday, November 19th 2019, 8:58pm

You need the MP5 plus scope (lasersight).

Nad, please note the secrets as you find them.

I finished the game a week ago, but I am missing one secret, as is everyone else as far as I can tell (if a third secret is not a red herring to match the title "LOST in the Amazon" when the TV series had way too many red herrings and dead-end plot lines.]

Tuesday, November 19th 2019, 9:06pm

You may already have the MP5 and scope in your inventory if you have already opened a chest giving MP5 ammo. The weapon and scope do not show on the screen as you get them.

The location of that chest is:

Spoiler Spoiler

The open ladder dropdown to a storage room with the chest on top of one of the nearby buildings. You will go back there again later in the game.

Tuesday, November 19th 2019, 9:24pm

Nad, I just saw your post on trle.net. You are right that the objects on the roof of the armory do NOT count as a secret (when I had thought at the time that I played the game that it must have been a secret).

I played Reggie's updated version of the game. He must have broken the secret count for that secret in the updated version because I suspect Teone played the first release!!!!

The savegames do not work between the 2 releases (if there is a third update by Reggie, I don't know about it).

This is a serious bug that Reggie needs to fix if that is really the missing secret.

When I saw Teone's final statistics on another site, he only had 2 secrets, so he must have missed the final secret (the first one is easy).

Tuesday, November 19th 2019, 9:48pm

I think I am playing the first release.
And yes, it doesn't count as secret.
I played this part several times with no result.
Even without shooting the two TNT boxes and the panthers.
The secret under the target is my first.
Now I have the armoury launcher an gun and don't know where to use them or what to do.

Tuesday, November 19th 2019, 10:06pm

The armoury launcher is not a weapon. You will note that in the inventory it is with the special objects section at the top of the classic inventory.

Spoiler Spoiler

The armory launcher (and another armoury object you will get later) go on the wall racks in the underground storage area where you got the mp5. That will open the wall gate there.

I have a new theory on the missing secret:

The first secret is gold coins and another secret is a gold skull. If the gold bars are a secret, then it must be a cumulative secret (my theory and not proven fact), because I remember another place with gold bars later in the game and I couldn't tell what they were because they were not ammo and they did not count as a secret either. There must be a third set (or more) of gold bars that will register as a secret when you get all of them in the game. You can go back to get all of the missing secrets at the absolute end of the game (although you may have missed your opportunity to get one of them if you did the wrong thing).

P.S. Nad, please also note when you find gold bars in case this new theory is right.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TombOwl" (Nov 19th 2019, 10:16pm)

Tuesday, November 19th 2019, 10:35pm

Thnx.
Very clever [TH]

Wednesday, November 20th 2019, 10:53am

Nad,

I went to the TombRaiderChronicles website (which has the final release versions of all Cac games) tonight and downloaded "Lost in the Amazon" again. Reggie made a third release update on Nov. 10. That new update had no fanfare regarding its release, and most people do not know about it.

Reggie corrected the secret chime bug. The gold bars on the roof of the armoury IS definitely the second secret because the chime rings and the statistics are updated in the Nov. 10 release of the game. The savegames from the Nov. 8 release also work in the latter release, but the savegames from the first release (October) will NOT work with either of the later releases.

Thus, presumably everyone has obtained the second secret, but encountered the secret bug unless they played this final release of the game.

This bug has caused a lot of confusion among players over the last 2 weeks and delayed walkthroughs.

Good luck on finding the gold skull secret.

Wednesday, November 20th 2019, 11:04am

Thanks for the info and the effort to play the part with the latest version.
I will download the nevest release this evening and re-play the level.
There is not much to do until the second part.
[TH]

Wednesday, November 20th 2019, 10:44pm

Das nimmt ja kein Ende :P
Bis jetzt aber ziemlich gut gemacht [TH]
  • 6.jpg

Wednesday, November 20th 2019, 11:14pm

Da ist ja das gute Stück :D
War aber gar nicht so gut versteckt.
  • 7.jpg

Thursday, November 21st 2019, 5:20pm

Sehr gutes Level. Insbesondere der letzte Teil. Den zweiten habe ich nicht so ganz verstanden,
da er nicht viel mit dem Titel zu tun hatte, obwohl sehr gut durchdacht und gebaut.
Die Bodenhebel im ersten Teil in den Hütten habe ich auch nicht verstanden, wozu die überhaupt gedacht waren.
Die habe ich nicht benutzen müssen. Eine Klappe im Krabbelgang, nach dem man die fünf Zielscheiben abgeschossen hat, ist auch zu geblieben [hmm]
Alles in allem sehr zu empfehlen.
[TH] [TH]
  • Lost In The Amazon-1.jpg

Today, 4:52pm

Anfang und Ende waren ganz gut. [:D] Der mittlere Teil (The Hatch) ist so gar nicht mein Fall gewesen... :P
eddy has attached the following image:
  • Bild.jpg